Harsányi, Orzság, Breiteneder and Častoral bagging wins
The Rallycross event of September 25 at Nyirád in Hungary counted as round 7 for the Austrian Rallycross Championship as well as round 8 for the Hungarian Rallycross series. While Austrian veteran Alois Höller marked the fastest time in practice it was Hungarian Zoltán Harsányi who set twice the best time in the first and second qualifying heats. Thereby the Mitsubishi campaigner had ensured himself the pole position for the A final and did not take part in the third runs. Here it was Ford driver Höller who claimed the fastest time.
The first A final attempt of the Supercars was stopped after an accident of Bálint Révész. The second attempt brought the same result as the first, Harsányi leading the pack while Höller was second. Austrian point standings leader Jürgen Weiß dropped down to fifth after being hampered by a spinning competitor. However, the Ford driver was able to pass the two Hungarians ahead of him to eventually finish on third place behind winner Harsányi and runner-up Höller, thereby keeping the lead of the Supercar championship prior to the ARC finale at Fuglau on October 9.
The Super1600 category was won by Zsolt Orzság and his unusual Suzuki Ignis Sport, while in the TouringCar class Patrick Breiteneder drove his Honda Civic VII Type-R to yet another victory over the two Mazda RX-8 drivers Sepp Strobl and Leo Haiden. Among the SuperNational competitors there seems to be no-one able to stop Czech Roman Častoral from winning. At the Nyirádi Motorsport Centrum the Opel man drove his Astra G to the fifth consecutive 2011 victory, Austrian Klaus Freudenthaler finished as second ahead of Czech Tomáš Hurt.
Note: As many readers will certainly wonder about two of the below pictures, the one-day event ran out of schedule and the last races took place at dusk.
- Supercar – Final Results:
- 1. Zoltán Harsányi (H) Mitsubishi Lancer E5
- 2. Alois Höller (A) Ford Focus I
- 3. Jürgen Weiß (A) Ford Focus I
- 4. Attila Mózer (H) Škoda Fabia II
- 5. Zoltán Vass (H) Mitsubishi Lancer E5
- 6. Bálint Révész (H) Mitsubishi Lancer E8
- Super1600 – Final Results:
- 1. Zsolt Orzság (H) Suzuki Ignis Sport
- 2. Gábor Bánkuti Jr. (H) Peugeot 206 XS
- 3. Gábor Majerszky (H) Suzuki Swift Sport
- 4. Béla Újházi (H) Opel Astra G
- TouringCar – Final Results:
- 1. Patrick Breiteneder (A) Honda Civic VII Type-R
- 2. Josef Strobl (A) Mazda RX-8
- 3. Leopold Haiden (A) Mazda RX-8
- SuperNational – Final Results:
- 1. Roman Častoral (CZ) Opel Astra G
- 2. Klaus Freudenthaler (A) Seat Ibiza II
- 3. Tomáš Hurt (CZ) Citroën C2
- 4. Karol Šedivý (SK) Seat Ibiza II
- 5. Sven Förster (A) VW Golf II
- 6. Martin Gattringer (A) Peugeot 306 S16